Saturday, April 18, 2009

fun in the sun

What a gorgeous Saturday!  We had lots of fun today, and it makes me anxious for summer.  Only 38 more days of school!  We started the morning with Karli's  first bike ride with daddy. She wasn't too sure about the helmet at first, but she left it on after it was adjusted.  I don' t know who was more excited, Scott or Karli!
Here she is hanging on before they left for their ride.  She looks a little frightened:)
After the bike ride, Scott hung Karli's swing on our cherry tree.  She LOVES swinging!
Then it was time for bubbles!  Karli really wanted to try blowing the bubbles, but couldn't understand why she couldn't put the wand in her mouth.  She is also having a hard time understanding that dirt, weeds, rocks, and flowers don't go in her mouth either.
We had lunch today with Tracy, Jess, and Tori, and then walked to the ice cream shop for treats!  Jess, Karli and Tori took a time out to play with rocks! Karli ended her afternoon with a long nap (2 hours and 45 minutes), and Scott and I were able to finish up the yard work!  

3 comments:

Evans said...

I just can't believe how big and beautiful that lil girl is getting. Love the bike picture. I dunno 'bout those Slider girls- you sure you want your kid hanging out with them? LOL
Hope to see you soon!
Evans

jodi said...

Thanks! We think she is pretty cute too, but then we are biased too:) It's crazy how quickly she is growing up! I think she may be the one getting Jess and Tori in trouble:)

Unknown said...

Hey, Thanks for the visit the other night. So much fun to catch up! Matt's wondering if you guys still have that dog collar they were talking about? Let me know. Thanks. Mis.