Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Karli!

My little girl turned three yesterday. I really can't believe it. For some reason, this year her birthday made me really emotional. Three just sounds SO grown-up:)
I wanted to do something special with Karli on her birthday. I considered manicures (don't worry, that will come soon I'm sure), but decided to try out Pottery Works downtown instead. They assured me that as long as she could hold a paintbrush, she could do it. We invited Elliotte and LeAnn to join us, and we had a great time!
Karli and Elliotte both chose cupcakes to paint. They looked so CUTE in their smocks. We had the entire place to ourselves.
Karli loves to paint, and she did NOT want my help at all. I really think that she would have stayed there for hours!
Our little artists choosing paint colors.

I really enjoyed spending the morning with Karli. I think I need to make more of an effort to do things with just the two of us:)
Karli's favorite part was putting the "jimmies" on the top of her cupcake. I am very interested to see how it turns out!
Then we walked down the block to Isaacs for lunch. It was a gorgeous day in the city. Karli liked being downtown, but was not a fan of the parking garage. She informed me immediately that she did not like the garage because "it stinks." I couldn't agree more!
After heading home to Dakota (Thanks Grandma Sue for watching him!), we took naps to prepare for more celebrating. We met Scott at Friendly's for Karli's birthday dinner.
Dakota was thrilled with his balloon....even if it was pink. I wish I had video of him shaking it and dancing.
Nothing is better than ending the day with an ice cream sundae:) Last year when the waitresses sang to her, Karli was not impressed. She covered her ears and put her head down on the table. This year we just opted for ice cream and balloons...no singing.

After dinner we headed home to open presents. Scott always amazes me with his many talents and the LOVE that he has for his family. He made a BEAUTIFUL play kitchen for Karli. She loves it! It is complete with a fridge, stove, and farmhouse sink. It even has a real (non-working) faucet...pictures will be up soon:)

No comments: