So for the first time ever, I am actually ENJOYING fall. Every other year, I have dreaded the arrival of fall...which was always directly tied to school and CHANGE! At 32, I am still working on dealing with and adjusting to change:) I feel like I am finally figuring out this "mother of two" and "stay at home mom" thing. However, I do know that just about the time I am comfortable, I will have to start preparing again to head back to school:)
For being a "stay at home mom" this year, I am definitely not staying at home too often. We have been busy going to the fairs, having playdates, going to Storytime, and of course....shopping! I am so thrilled with the new stores that have just opened at MillCreek! I am loving introducing Karli to the world outside of Target (although she knows Target is still "mommy's favorite") and passing on shopping techniques and skills.
KARLI
Our little girl is growing so quickly and learning so much! She amazes us every day, and I just love the conversations we have. Like many, if not all, two year olds, her favorite word these days is "WHY?" I love explaining things to her, and she loves letting me know all that she is learning. She never stops talking....a trait many have attributed to me:) Scott of course, is a man of few words...except when it comes to Karli. I love hearing him explain things to her when she is "helping" him. He doesn't take the easy way...he tells her exactly why he is adjusting the throttle or whatever it is that he is doing. Karli LOVES her little brother as much as he loves her. She wakes up in the morning and runs to say, "Hello, my buddy!" to him before she does anything else. She has discovered that Dakota loves to pull her hair, so she leans over to let him pull it. I am sure that this won't last for long, but his squeals of delight must be worth it to her:)
DAKOTA
Our little boy will be six months old this week! I cannot believe how quickly the time has flown by. He is the happiest little man...despite the fact that he still loves his 45 minute naps. He also loves his mommy and feels the need to have "quality time" with me every morning around 2:00 AM! I guess that I haven't been as good at getting him on a schedule, but I am sure that he will eventually sleep through the night....right? We have discovered that Dakota LOVES playing with his soccer ball. Karli kicks it to him, and he can hardly contain his joy! He is staring to eat solid foods, and he is thrilled that we are finally "sharing" food with him.
Here are other recent random pictures...
Don't worry, this was staged for the photo:) Karli will NOT be driving "Scott's new toy" for a LONG time...and the helmets are on the way!
No comments:
Post a Comment