So nine months of anticipation and being sick were definitely worth it! On Thursday, April 15th, we were blessed with a darling little boy...9 days early. I am still a little shocked that he came early. Karli was a week late, so I was assuming I would be late again. I realized Wednesday evening that Dakota had different plans! I went to work on Wednesday, but thought things might be starting. Throughout the day I had contractions, but 15-20 minutes apart. When I went home that evening, things started moving, and we arrived at Womens and Babies at 9:30. At 1:25, they broke my water, and at 1:34 AM...just as Karli was predicting...Dakota Scott Stoltzfus "popped" out!
Dakota Scott, 7 pounds, 12 ounces...20 1/2 inches.
Pop-Pop and Grandma Sue checking out their new grandson.
Grammy and Pappy brought Karli in to see her new little brother. She is so excited! I am not sure how I am going to keep her away from him...
Karli needed to see Dakota's hands and feet. She even tried lifting his eyelids to see his eyes:) She was so happy that he was finally out of mommy's belly!
Our first new family photo:)
2 comments:
oh my WORD. he is so DEAR!!!! can't wait to hold and snuggle him...for the quick minute i will stop in and see you...in a few weeks of course. :) so awesome you went early...i was always jealous of those who got to go early, and "be surprised". :) take care. mis.
Stop in whenever you would like. You can bring your crew. Karli will be happy for the distraction. I am not sure how she is going to adjust to being at home with me now that I am not working:)
Post a Comment