Friday, May 21, 2010

the past five weeks

The past five weeks have been a blur....lots of excitement, lots of sleepless nights,
and MANY TRANSITIONS!


Karli helping with Dakota's first diaper change at home.
She is on her stool "helping" every time that his diaper needs to be changed!

Daddy's "little man"
Scott took off the week after Dakota was born.
During that week, he made Karli the sandbox that he promised her.
Karli was supposed to go with Scott to school on "Take Your Child to Work Day," but they missed that day because of Dakota's birth. Scott took Karli with him to school the following week. Here she is at 6:30AM....ready to go to school with Daddy!
Taking care of her babies:)
The warm days have us ready for summer...I can't wait to open the pool, work in the flowerbeds, spend time outside, and most importantly have Scott home from school!
Dakota wondering if mommy will ever stop taking pictures:)
Hangin' out in his swing
I caught Karli "reading" Goodnight Moon to Dakota. She was holding the book so that Dakota could see the pictures. She is a wonderful big sister!
Dakota's favorite place to sleep...
and I think Scott's favorite activity with Dakota:)
Karli was "making cupcakes" in her kitchen, and
she made sure that Dakota did not feel left out.

It is hard to believe how quickly time is flying by. It is amazing how I feel like I am SO BUSY all day long, but at the end of the day, I don't even feel like I've accomplished anything. I am definitely going through an adjustment to being home from school. I miss the kids and my friends, but I can't imagine not being with my children either. I am hoping that we soon develop a routine, and things will feel a little more normal. I am thankful to have the opportunity to stay at home and be blessed with a wonderful, healthy family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yay! a new post! great "lovie" pics. karli is too cute with him. great to visit for a little yesterday. you are doing great adjusting to it all. every day will get better! rest and take it easy on yourself. :) mis.

Evans said...

You family is absolutely beautiful! I just can't believe our lil Scott is all grown up with kids of his own. You both done good!! I can't wait to meet the new lil man.
Love ya's
Evans