Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Our Hike

As a kid, we always used to take hikes on Sunday afternoons. Dad has continued the tradition, but often only has Marley's company (his dog) or sometimes my mom. We decided to head down on a Saturday morning to go for a hike with mom and dad before it got too cold. The kids were great, and we had a wonderful time! I think dad may have had the most fun of all! I love to see him teaching Karli about the different types of trees, the stream, and all the other exciting things in the woods.
I'm not sure if Dakota could see anything at this point or not...but he was content:)

Pappy and Karli taking a rest on the log. You can't tell from this photo, but they are actually a few feet off the ground.
Karli wasn't too good at leaving nature the way she found it. She loved "picking" the moss!
L.O.V.E.
Karli again...destroying nature:( Here she is "picking" a fern...
Our little buddy...all smiles. What a great day of making memories!

No comments: