Tuesday, September 13, 2011

preschool


So I sent my little girl to preschool today. I just can hardly believe it! We actually made it through the morning with just a few tears (and they were all mine). I have always been extremely sensitive, but somehow being on the other side of this "school thing" is so strange for me. I think I spent so many years being the "teacher," that I am having a hard time accepting that I am now the MOTHER of a student. I also despise first days and new situations! I woke up with butterflies in MY stomach...feeling very anxious about the day.

It's very hard to explain, but I guess it is the realization that my daughter is growing up so quickly. I also realize all the expectations that are going to be placed on her throughout her education and how difficult it is going to be at times. However, I know how important her education is, how excited she will be about learning new things, and how many wonderful relationships she will make.

So anyway, we both made it through the day and are anxiously looking forward to Thursday...her first Show and Tell day:)
Ready for preschool!
Kisses from her little brother...he missed her so much!
Kisses from mommy too!
This little girl LOVES her daddy!
Showing off her nametag!

No comments: